Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Here's a list of all the stuff I have to memorize for my first test in Oral traditions.



Nine Muses

Muse Domain Emblem

Calliope      Epic poetry Writing tablet
Clio         History Scrolls
Erato Love poetry Cithara (an ancient Greek musical instrument in the lyre family)
Euterpe         Song and Elegiac poetry Aulos (an ancient Greek musical instrument like a flute)
Melpomene Tragedy Tragic mask
Polyhymnia Hymns Veil
Terpsichore Dance Lyre
Thalia Comedy Comic mask
Urania Astronomy Globe and compass


Sons of Jacob

Reuben - water
Simeon
Levi- ox
Judah- lion
Zebulun-Ships
Issahar-Donkey
Dan-serpent
Gad-trampled
Asher-$rich
Maphtali-deer
Joseph-boughs
Benjamin-wolf


9 thing of Ong
Additive rather than subordinate (parataxes)
Aggregative rather than analytic
Redundant or ‘copious’
Conservative of traditionalist
Close to the human lifeworld
Agonistically toned
Empathetic and participatory rather than objectively distanced
Homeostatic
Situational rather than abstract

15 things for Moonwalking
Pickled garlic
Cottage Cheese
Salmon(peat-smoked if possible)
Six bottles of white wine
Socks x3
Three hula-hoops (spare?)
Snorkel
Dry ice machine
E-mail Sophia
Skin-toned cat suit
Find Paul Newman film-Somebody Up There Likes Me
Elk sausages??
Megaphone and Director’s chair
Harness and ropes
Barometer

Not a very long list right? LOL I already have the Muses down thanks to CCUTETEMP but the rest of it well it's not going so well.

Visualizing images and making a memory palace for this just isn't working for me.  I'm having a hard time coming up with the images and linking them to the list.

Got it, Don't laugh but I made a tune running in my head and memorized each item as part of the tune.  It was really easy once I got a rhythm going in my mind.  There is a draw back to doing it this way, I have to play the song from beginning to end each time.

No comments:

Post a Comment